“I would strongly recommend this band for all kinds of events, especially if you are looking for a band that can provide a very unique and awesome sound giving you great entertainment and atmosphere””
— Mr and Mrs Tim and Tricia Allwright
You can add your own comments at the bottom of the page too.
Weddings and private parties
- “Both Merlin and I come from very musical families – His mom is an Opera singer and my dad is a musician – so we had a lot of help from them in this department. My mother in law did most of it actually, she picked out the amazing swing band we had for the night called The Locked Horns.”
Featured on the Secret Wedding blog (http://secretweddingblog.com/a-bengali-english-fusion-wedding/)
- "We hired the Locked Horns for my birthday party at the Double Locks after hearing them play at various venues. It was a fantastic evening and the band was the icing on the cake.
Their enthusiasm for the music they play is infectious and everyone who attended the party were left in no doubt that they had had a wonderful evening. I would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful band for any occasion.
Thank you so much Pete and the band for making our party a celebration to remember."
- “We hired the Locked Horns for our wedding and they were great fun. Our guests loved the music and we had such nice feedback about the band. They play a great range of music, from Frank Sinatra to Michael Buble, with a bit of soul thrown in there too. A very talented band who really helped make our day extra-special.”
- "Hi Guys, just want to say a massive thank you for playing at our wedding way back in July!
We saw these guys live a few times and instantly loved the music they produced. My wife and I asked for them to perform at our wedding and they were fantastic; they managed to get even the most unexpected people to dance! A great collection of instruments and a variety of singers which produces a very, very good sound.
They even managed to create a rendition of ‘Me and My Girl’ for our first dance which sounded incredible (I hope they keep it as part of their set!). Overall the band were so easy to work with; easy to get in contact with, quick responses, and very co-operative for what we were looking for at our wedding.
It is clear to see that the whole band is made up of very talented musicians, singers and producers.
I would strongly recommend this band for all kinds of events, especially if you are looking for a jazz band that can provide a very unique and awesome sound giving you great entertainment and atmosphere”
Public performances and regular venues
From Val Wilson, Exeter City Council
"What a fantastic start to our new season today! Thank you so much to The Locked Horns for some fantastic music - and a fabulous jingle. Thanks to all who came along."
From Earworms Exeter, November 2016
- "Thanks for a great set last night, and for being flexible. Please pass on my thanks to the rest of the horns. Only wish you could have gone longer..."
- "Didn't get a chance to speak or reply to your text after the gig last night, but huge thanks to all the band, who played excellently. Loved the bits that I could hear. Great to meet you all. You really did make Lainy cry playing Lil Darlin!"
- “You guys were amazing today!!! Wow!!”
- “Was a real eye-opener watching The Locked Horns today. They were fantastic! Really made me want to join a jazz band now!”
- “I'll say it in person too, but you lot are amazing, including at St Thomas Festival right now”
- “Great to see The Locked Horns are playing – they’re fab!” from Exeter celebrity John Harvey
- “The wonderful Locked Horns have performed at our venue twice and we have already booked them again. Every band member is professional and their enthusiasm is infectious. The conductor is sensational and leads the band effortlessly and with a feeling of fun. For a guaranteed epic night call the Locked Horns.”
- “The Locked Horns have played at our events for the past 3 years and delivered a memorable experience each and every time. Christmas is a particular event where visitors come on mass to get the big band experience and truly festive entertainment. I cannot recommend this band highly enough.”
- “These guys are fantastic. Saw them in Exeter a few weeks ago in the city centre. Well worth popping along.”
- “It was a great day :) thank you for a great set!”
- "Thank you very much to all the members of the Locked Horns for coming to Cullompton on Sunday 12 June to help us celebrate the Queen’s 90th Birthday. The event will be remembered for all the right reasons and several people have commented that it was The Locked Horns that made their day special."
- “The Locked Horns came to our second Funday and were a hit with the visiting public who wanted more. We would have no hesitation in recommending this excellent band for any musical event.”
- "We would like to say a big thank you to the band for playing the Classic Car show at Powderham castle. We were so delighted with the response after the first performance we were so happy you agreed to come back the following year.
A nice mix of music tastes with a well polished performance. Always a pleasure to listen to."